1. A Hacker Generated 184 Billion Bitcoins In2010
On August 15th, 2010 In something known as the “Value Overflow Incident”, and unknown hacker attacked the bitcoin blockchain creating 184,467,440,737.09551616 BTC out of thin air. This took place at Block height 74738
2. Bitcoin is Father to 430 Altcoins
As of Date, 2651 cryptocurrencies have found their way in the market. But, what’s interestign is that 436 of these have come from Bitcoin via Direct or Indirect forks.
3. First Bitcoin Faucet Distributed 5 BTC per Visitor
Gavin Andersen created the first Bitcoin faucet in June 2010, which distributed a generous (considering the price today) 5 BTCs to every visitor. The aim was to promote the adoption and use of Bitcoin.
4. 732,000 Addresses own at least 1 BTC
At the time of writing this article around 700,000 addresses own more than 1 Bitcoin.
5. Satoshi is not the Smallest Unit of BTC
There is actually an even smaller BTC unit that is already being used within the lightening network, this is the millisatoshi (MSAT) which represents one-thousandth of Satoshi.